Homicide Worldwide Podcast

Chante Mallard "The Murder of Gregory Biggs" Ep 082

July 28, 2022 Homicide Worldwide Season 2 Episode 82
Homicide Worldwide Podcast
Chante Mallard "The Murder of Gregory Biggs" Ep 082
Show Notes

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On October 26, 2001, 25-year-old nursing assistant Chante Jawan Mallard struck 37-year-old Gregory Glenn Biggs, a homeless man, with her automobile, in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S. The force of the crash lodged Biggs into the windshield. Mallard then drove home and left the man lodged in the windshield of her car, parked in her garage. He died a day or two later. Mallard was convicted and sentenced to 50 years' imprisonment for her role in his death.

Gregory Glenn Biggs, born August 16, 1964, was homeless and mentally ill. He was married, with one son, and worked in construction as a mason.

Chante Jawan Mallard (born June 22, 1976) is a woman from Fort Worth, Texas. On October 26, 2001, Mallard's Chevrolet Cavalier struck the homeless pedestrian Gregory Glenn Biggs; at the time Mallard was believed to have been driving while intoxicated by a combination of marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol. The force of the impact sent Biggs flying through the windshield, lodging him there.

Mallard then drove home, leaving the injured Biggs stuck in her windshield, and parked her car in her garage. After the accident, Mallard did not notify the police nor did she get Biggs any medical attention, even though she was a nursing assistant at the time. Occasionally, she would return to the garage to check on his status. When Biggs died a day or two later, still in the windshield of her car in her garage, she called a male friend, Clete Jackson, for assistance. Mallard, Jackson, and Jackson's cousin Herbert Tyrone Cleveland took the body to a park and left it there, even going so far as to set fire to part of the car in an attempt to disguise the evidence. The three were each convicted on charges of tampering with evidence for this action.

Mallard became a suspect after she was reported talking and laughing about the incident at a party some four months after the events. "I hit this white man", Mallard allegedly told acquaintance Maranda Daniel, while laughing

Mallard's trial commenced on June 23, 2003. During the trial, Tarrant County medical examiner Nizam Peerwani testified that, had Mallard taken Biggs to a hospital, he would have recovered from his injuries. Other experts testified that they agreed that Biggs would have survived. "There's not a member of the Fort Worth Fire Department that could not have saved Mr. Biggs's life", testified Capt. Jim Sowder. Mallard was convicted of murder in June 2003, with the 50-year murder sentence and 10-year tampering sentence to run concurrently. She will be eligible for parole in 2027.

Here's how and where you can find Homicide Worldwide Podcast.

  • To help support the show, find us on Patreon: patreon.com 
  • HWW is now on Discord: https://discord.gg/F9cMyf7JFJ
  • To our amazing listeners. If you are listening to us on apple podcasts? (and even if your'e not) Please! take few minutes and leave a 5 ⭐️ review. It'll really help out the show. 
  • If you have a show suggestion? please email us at: homicideworldwidepodcast@gmail.com
  • And you can always find us on twitter: https://twitter.com/HWWP10

Thank you for your continued support of Homicide Worldwide Podcast

Support the show